At a Glance
- Colleges: Business and Management, Education and Human Services, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Public Affairs and Administration
- Research Funding: Approximately $7 million annually
- History: Established in 1969 as Sangamon State University by the Illinois General Assembly. On July 1, 1995, became a campus of the University of Illinois, thereafter known as the University of Illinois Springfield.
- Location: Southeast side of Springfield, Illinois, near Lake Springfield. Approximately 200 miles southwest of Chicago and 100 miles northeast of St. Louis.
- Campus: 746 acres
Achievements and Accolades
- US News & World Report has ranked UIS among the top 15 public regional universities in the Midwest for the last 13 years. UIS was listed No. 1 in Illinois and No. 4 in the Midwest in 2020 rankings.
- UIS welcomed the largest freshman class in university history in the fall of 2019.
- The College of Business and Management is accredited by the AACSB, a distinction earned by less than 5% of business schools worldwide.
- UIS alums comprise 28% of the college- educated workforce residing in Springfield.
- UIS and its students and alumni add $833 million to the Illinois economy annually.
Class of 2018 Report
715Baccalaureate degrees conferred
454Graduating class for whom an outcomes destination is known
277Working full-time or part-time
141Continuing education at national or regional university
Total enrollment: 4,275 (fall 2019)
- Undergraduate students: 2,674 (63%)
- Graduate students: 1,601 (37%)
- Full-time: 55%, Part-time: 45%
- Male: 48%, Female: 52%
- Undergraduate: 26
- Graduate: 33
- African-American – 13%
- Hispanic: 8.1%
- International – 8.7%
- All other – 70.1%
Where students come from:
- Illinois: 76.6%
- Out of state: 14.6%
- Foreign countries: 8.7%
Faculty and Staff
- Full-time faculty: 206; part-time: 136
- Full-time staff: 534
- Academic Professionals: 217
- Civil Service: 317
- Part-time employees: 179
- Student employees: 352
- Graduate Student Interns/Assistants: 289
85+ student clubs and organizations.
Member NCAA Div. II, Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC)
Intercollegiate athletic teams:
Baseball; men’s/women’s soccer, men’s/women’s tennis, men’s/women’s basketball, men’s/women’s golf, men’s/women’s cross country, men’s/women’s track and field, softball and volleyball.
1,038 students reside in campus housing.
30 bachelor’s degrees, 20 master’s degrees, 1 doctoral program. Online majors: 1,451
Top enrolled programs:
UIS has more than 43,000 living alumni located throughout the world.
UIS FY 2019 Budget:拍拍拍无挡视频免费1_日本一级婬片日本高清视频_九色综合亚洲色综合网 $90.77 million
(15 credit hrs.)
|Fees & Assessments||$4,158||$4,158|
|Room & Board||$9,760||$9,760|
|Books & Supplies||$1,200||$1,200|